Dr. Usha Raghavan is currently the Head of Department (HOD) of the Information Technology at Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s Polytechnic, College Campus, Thane, Maharashtra, India.
Dr. Usha Raghavan has obtained her Ph.D. (Nanoscience / Nanotechnology) from the National Chemical Laboratory, Pune University, and has completed her MSc (Applied Electronics) from the Regional Engineering College(NIT), Trichy, Tamil Nadu.
She is the sole author of the book “Linear Integrated Circuits” for 2nd year diploma students of Electronics group and has authored a book on SahasraNamam- a physical Science Namavali. She is currently working on the book “Nanotechnology in Electronics” for Shroff publishers. She has initiated the Institute Innovation Council and is working as the President of the cell.
Dr. Raghavan has actively taken part in the development of I Scheme curriculum (Industry based) for the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) and has developed laboratory manuals, teacher guide, question banks for many courses for MSBTE.Memberships of Professional Societies
1) Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
2) Computer Society of India (CSI)Awards
1) Received the ISTE U.P. Government National Award for outstanding work done in a specified field related to engineering and technology for the year 2013 at the 43rd Annual convention at TKIET, Warananagar.
2) Awarded 3rd prize in the National level paper presentation competition – Think Quest 2009, organised by BGIT, Mumbai for the paper “Using Aqueous foams for synthesis of CdS nanoclusters”.
3) Received the “Vocational Service Excellence” award for remarkable scholastic. achievements and valuable contributions towards research and higher education in the field of nanotechnology in the year 2014 awarded by Rotary Club of Thane Skyline.