Dr. D. K. Nayak is currently the Principal at Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s Polytechnic, College Campus, Thane, Maharashtra, India. Initially, he was the Vice Principal at VPM college from 1996-2004.
Dr. D. K. Nayak has obtained his Ph.D. (Technology) in Electronics Engineering, from VJTI, Mumbai 2017 and has done his M.E. (Computer Engg.) from VJTI, Mumbai, University of Mumbai and B.E. (Electronics and Communication Engg.) from S.J. College of Engineering, Mysore, University of Mysore (1984). He was also elected as Fellow Member of Institution of Engineers (FIE).
Dr. Nayak has been the Member of Governing Council, BOAT, Mumbai from 2006-2009 and also the Member of Special Committee, MSBTE Mumbai from 2006-till present. He has published 23 Conference Papers and 4 Journal Papers and is the recipient of ISTE Rajarambapu Patil National Award for Promising Engineering Teacher for creative work done in Technical Education (Polytechnics) for the year 2008.
He is a member of Special Committee of MSBTE to provide inputs to the Director in Policy matters and also a member of State Level Courses Committee of MSBTE in Computer Group. He has also been awarded with Fulbright-Hays Federal Assistance Award of the U.S. Department of State to attend Salzburg Seminar Session 463 on “Greening the Minds: Universities, Climate Leadership, and Sustainable Futures”. He has received ‘ISTE-Ranganathan Engineering College National Award’ for Best Polytechnic Principal from the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi in 2014.Memberships of Professional Societies
1) Instrument Society of America (ISA)
2) Institution of Engineers (IE)
3) Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
4) Computer Society of India (CSI)Awards
1) Received an Appreciation Award for Vocational Excellence on Engineer’s Day 15th September 2006 from rotary Club of Thane North End.
2) Received “Rajarambapu Patil National Award for Promising Engineering Teacher (below 50 years of age)” for creative work done in Technical Education (Polytechnics) from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi for the year 2008.
3) Obtained in the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) - Narsee Monjee National Award for Best overall Performance for Polytechnic in Maharashtra State for the years 2009 and 2015.
4) Received the Best Chapter of ISTE Maharashtra and Goa section for the years 2009, 2017.
5) Received “ISTE-Ranganathan Engineering College National Award for Best Polytechnic.